Shipping & Returns Policy and Procedures
Paypal or credit card through the secure website is the accepted form of payment. Depending on the weather and distance, packages will be shipped via USPS Priority, Fedex Express or Fedex Ground when the flat rate shipping option is chosen. You will receive a confirmation email with tracking information on the day your order is shipped.
Please check this email to make sure that the shipping address has been transmitted correctly on the order form.
All orders are subject to a 1-5 business day processing period before being shipped. We do our absolute best to get orders shipped out as soon as possible, we believe this is an important requisite to maintaining happy, repeat customers. We ship orders Monday-Wednesday.
Free shipping options are only available to residents of the lower 48 United States. If you reside in Alaska, Puerto Rico, Canada or overseas, please send a personal inquiry on shipping costs. Orders that qualify for free shipping within the U.S. will qualify for a comparable discount on orders from other regions.
If you have a specific day you would like the order to arrive please make a note at checkout, we can also ship to your work address if desired.Please check your email for your shipping notification. If Fedex, UPS or the preferred method of shipment has not honored their commitment to deliver the package at the promised date and time, please let us know and please be sensitive to the fact that Fedex, UPS and other shipping companies do not notify the sender of the packages if they fail to deliver. (The copepods are very hardy, and often an extra few days in transit will not result in a loss, so just hang in there if there has been a delivery delay.) While we will do everything possible to rectify the situation, claims with the shipping company can take 2 to 4 weeks to process, which will delay any shipping-related request for refunds. A delay due to shipping will not result in an automatic refund, these situations are assessed and decided on a case-by-case basis. Please be aware that the negligence in these cases is not due to this company, and please be civil and polite in your notifications of problems related to shipping.
Live Arrival Guarantee:
We guarantee the health of all copepods that we ship. If your package incurs a substantial loss (a few animals are expected to die or molt in transit, so this policy only applies to losses of more than 20% of the animals). Please contact us with any concerns within 48 hours of confirmation of inactivity and not more than 7 days after leaving our facility.
However, this guarantee is void and null if the customer knowingly chooses an inappropriate shipping method (e.g. 2 to 3 day or ground shipping during extreme temperature conditions -- extended periods above 80 degrees Fahrenheit or below freezing). While we would love to offer the less expensive shipping at the customer's convenience, it is not practical nor feasible to ship live animals in these inappropriate conditions and it is up to the customer to decide if the weather in their area will be conducive to a successful delivery.
We will work with you to determine the best resolution, whether it be a full refund, partial refund or store credit, we stand behind our product 100%. Please do not discard any product as we might request photo verification or a return. Our live arrival guarantee does not cover packages that are left outside in the extreme heat/cold after they have been delivered to the recipient's house. If you are unable to be home to accept a package, please email us to request that your order be shipped to your work address so it can remain in a temperature controlled environment until you can get it home and begin acclimation.
Additional conditions of shipping and acclimation:
1. Even if your order arrives late or in an apparently damaged condition, DO NOT refuse to accept delivery of the box!,
2. Livecopepods.com assumes no liability for losses, claims or damages if you (or anyone at your address) refuses delivery, or if you instruct Fedex to return your unopened box to Livecopepods.com. Taking either of these actions voids our guarantee.
3. We reserve the right not to accept future orders from any party that has refused delivery of a prior Livecopepods.com shipment or provided incorrect shipping information.
4. You must acclimate the new arrivals according to our procedure even if they are not moving or appear to be dead. Note that specimens which appear dead will frequently recover quickly when acclimated!
5. Lack of movement should not be interpreted as death, as it can be caused by the depressed pH of the shipping water, or chilling, and is frequently reversible.
6. Do not assume that cool water in the shipment bags will injure or kill the livestock.
7. Livecopepods.com assumes no liability and offers no guarantee for shipments that are lost or delayed as a result of incorrect or incomplete addresses as sent to us by customers. Please triple check the delivery address and phone number you submit to us.
8. If You Experience A Loss:
* Notify us by e-mail. Return the specimen(s) by U.S. Priority Mail to:
Livecopepods.com, 800 5th Ave. Suite 101-173,Seattle, WA 98104.
Returns must be securely sealed in at least 2 plastic bags within a sealed shipping box. Empty bottles are not acceptable as returns. We might request that the product be returned as it was sent, and not be returned after complete or partial use.This guarantee applies to the original shipment only, not replacement items. Shipping and box charges are not included in this guarantee.
No products which are shipped beyond the recommended guidelines are guaranteed. This includes bottles sent directly to overseas destinations using methods other than international express methods, or by way of an APO or other postal box within the U.S. used as an intermediate step for overseas shipping or carriage in international luggage.